Are you a proud owner of the amazing Apple AirPods or AirPods 2? If you are, then you have probably noticed that the AirPods settings are not so straight forward. On the other hand, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to turn your AirPods or AirPods 2 volume up and down. Although having Earbuds that don’t come with buttons or dials can pose a bit of a problem.
While you can control your pair of AirPods 2 using the playback options that are triggered by “Hey Siri," your first generation AirPods settings would need figuring out. But then again, you would have to set up the Hey Siri function on your device to enjoy that kind of luxury. The good news is that you don’t need buttons or dials to adjust your AirPods settings. As a matter of fact, you can personalize your AirPods to work just the way you want.
- How to personalize the default name of your first generation and second generation AirPods?
After you might have purchased your Apple AirPods, the first thing you would notice when you try to pair the AirPods with your device is that the AirPods have a unique ID. That is the name of your AirPods, and it would remain like that until you change it. If your iOS devices are associated with your ICloud, the same name will appear on all associated devices. For instance, if you pair your iPhone 6 or iPhone 7 with your AirPods, by design, it would detect your other devices like your iPods, iPads, Macs, and your Apple watch. If you want to personalize your AirPods default name on your Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, or any other compatible iOS devices. You can achieve it through the following steps. But then again, you would have to pair your AirPods with your device before you can change the name of your AirPods or AirPods 2. Once pairing is complete, you can begin the name changing process:
- Find the setting icon on yourApple iPhone 7 or any other compatible device
- Open the Bluetooth tab from the settings
At this point, you would see your AirPods current ID
- Click on the name that is assigned to your pair of AirPods
- Edit the current name and to your desired name
- press “back” to save your AirPods new name.
- How to customize the default function of your AirPods double-tap shortcut to turn off automatic ear detection?
No doubt, Apple AirPods have a lot of cool tricks up its sleeve, and you can have loads of fun with your AirPods accessories as well. One amazing feature that AirPods and AirPods 2 users have come to love… that you to would love is the AirPods double-tap shortcut. The factory setting of this double-tap function is meant to trigger Siri when you double tap on the right AirPods. Notwithstanding, you can use the double tap function to trigger commands on any of the 2 AirPods. As a matter of fact, you can turn off the AirPods automatic ear detection and switch the double-tap function to trigger other commands. For instance, you can change the Double-tap function to Pause or Play audio, and to toggle between tracks (Next or Previous). This is how to achieve it.
- Go to settings on your iPhone 7, iPhone 6
- Open the Bluetooth tab
- Tap the “I” icon next to the current name of your AirPods
- Go to the double tap section to dedicate the left and right AirPods to a different command
- Scroll to the next item and toggle off the automatic ear detection
- Personalize your AirPods default microphone settings
This is one area where the Apple AirPods stands out from all its initiations. To ensure that you enjoy flexibility and efficiency with your AirPods, Apple made it a point to include one microphone in each of the two AirPods. You can use the microphone to trigger Siri, and you can use it to make phone calls. By default, your AirPods will toggle between the two microphones to choose the mic with the best input. However, you can adjust the microphone settings to your own preference. If you are a proud owner of a pair of AirPods 2, your preferred microphone is what you’ll use to activate Siri on your iPhone 7, iPhone 6 and other iOS devices. To achieve it:
- Go to Settings
- Open the Bluetooth tab
- Find the microphone setting (you should find it after the double-tap function)
- Personalize the microphone settings: you can switch it from automatic to "always right" or "Always left."
- Press the back option on your screen to end the process
Apple AirPods have cool tricks that you would almost certainly enjoy, especially when you have the right AirPods accessories. For convenience and style, you should consider AirPods cover case for your charging case.